The Islamic Center is proud of its longstanding Sunday School program, which has been providing children ages 4 to 13 with an excellent entry-level spiritual development program since 1957. These formative years are the perfect time to begin learning about Islam in a structured, classroom setting. Sunday School is committed to teaching the Arabic language and providing Islamic education to children in the Muslim community. Our teachers are dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam and the Quran. The program strives to instill in its students a commitment to honoring family, community involvement, ethical values and respect for others.
- Developing an American Muslim Identity
- Fostering a connection with between the students and the Islamic Center of Southern California
- To provide basic knowledge of the five pillars of Islam
- Teaching the Arabic language as a means of communication and understanding of the Quran
- Guiding students to use Quranic principles and moral strength in their daily lives
- Developing God consciousness and using prophetic examples to be emulated throughout life
- Instilling responsibility to God, society and the environment
Our Sunday School teachers are committed to providing students with an engaging and enriching education. We believe that children learn in their own unique ways and that fun activities and field trips promote classroom morale. Throughout the year, children will have the opportunity to meet with other kids their age from local churches and synagogues. Other fun activities include Eid Fun Day and social time during classroom breaks.
Classes are held on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the second floor of the Islamic Center.School year 2021-2022 will start September 5, 2020.
Registration for year 2021-2022 will begin September 5, 2021. There is a cost in providing our students with a quality Islamic education. Tuition and fees are used to cover the expenses of classroom resources and building maintenance. Needs-based payment plans or financial assistance may be available. Please email icscsundayschooloffice@gmail.
1st Child – $500
2nd Child – $450
Each Additional Child – $400
Registration/Books/Handout Fee (per child) – $100
PTO Fee (per child) – $25
To register, please fill out the enrollment form and return it to the Islamic Center front desk staff.
- Online: Use the link below to pay online (scroll down on drop-down and select “Sunday School” option)
- In-Person: Use cash, card, or check at our Front Desk or at the Kiosk in our Lobby
Parents can register both online and in person until Septmeber 5, 2020.
Children should come to class prepared with basic supplies including pencils, folders, notebooks, crayons, colored pencils as well as the assigned books or handouts.
Sunday School homework coming soon for each level.
Level 2 (Ehsan Syed)
Level 3 (Nafissa Khelaf)
Level 4 (Eman Dajani)
Level 5 (Wedad Mekki)
Level 6 (Henda Ibrahim)
Level 7 (Rim Shatila)
Level 8 (Sana Hussein)
Director of Sunday School
Amal Sakr Elhoseiny
Ms. Eman Al Dijan
Ms. Bushra Alayed
Ms. Zeina Mehli
Ms. Wedad Mekki
Ms. Henda Ibrahim