Click Quran above for link to Arabic and recitation.
Find out about the following services the Islamic Center offers our community:
Requirements of a marriage ceremony at the Islamic Center include:
- Bride and Groom with valid IDs
- Two witnesses with valid IDs
- A California marriage license
- Fee of $250
An appointment is necessary.
For divorce, the Islamic Center only issues a letter (religious document) based on decision of court. An appointment is necessary.
Asim Buyuksoy, Religious Director – email@example.com
If you are struggling and need to talk with our Religious Director for spiritual, relationship or emotional support, please contact our staff for short-term guidance. For extended counseling, we can refer you to licensed Muslim or otherwise culturally competent therapist or counselor to fit your particular situation. Please email for an appointment or referrals, or fill out our contact form below. Appointment hours with our Religious Director are Friday and Sunday 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The Zakat Committee was created to provide limited financial aid to assist community members who need temporary support. The committee also provides guidance with special cases as needed.
What is Zakat?
Zakat is different than charity, which is encouraged at any time and is voluntary. Zakat is an obligatory annual payment to help those in need. An important Islamic principle is that all things belong to God, and that one’s wealth is held in trust. Our possessions are purified by setting aside a portion for those in need. Each Muslim calculates his or her own zakat individually and typically contributes an annual payment of two and a half percent of one’s net capital.
Funding for the Islamic Center’s Zakat Program comes from the Center’s zakat contributions and other contributions from individuals.
The Islamic Center’s Zakat Program provides three forms of assistance on the first three Fridays of each month:
- Food Coupons This $15 coupon allows individuals to purchase groceries from designated grocery stores.
- Rental Assistance To qualify for this program, the beneficiary must fill out an application and submit supporting documents, such as identification, rental agreement, and three days’ notice to pay rent. The amount paid is a partial amount paid directly to the landlord, which an individual can utilize once a year.
- Utility Assistance The applicant must bring his/her utility bill which shows the amount due in the delinquent stage, and identification must match the same address on the utility bill.
How Do I Apply for Zakat?
Fill out a Zakat Request Form and submit it prior to 1 p.m. on Fridays to be considered for that Friday’s zakat distribution. Qualification for assistance is determined by the committee after reviewing the applications and conducting a private interview. The committee meets after jum’a prayer every Friday except the last Friday of the month. Interviews and distributions will be made following prayers, and zakat applicants are asked to wait in the lobby.