Program Coordinator Job Announcement
The Islamic Center is seeking a dedicated and qualified individual who is interested in supporting our mission, vision, and ongoing development of the organization and its programs. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Program Coordinator will collaborate with the Board of Directors, Program Committee and Director of Operations to ensure the development, implementation, expansion and success of our programs. The Program Coordinator will need to have a deep understanding of Muslim environments and the communities in which we work. The coordinator will work closely with all departments to ensure the success of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate community programs and activities across the Islamic Center, including workshops, and lectures and social activities
- Manage program goals, objectives, logistics, speakers and content
- Prepare marketing and communications content for newsletter, website and social media
- Develop and implement program evaluation system to continuously enhance our programs and activities
- Conduct community outreach in-person and online directly to community members and volunteers to encourage participation and solicit ideas/feedback
- Serve as a public face and speaker as needed for ICSC visitors of diverse faith, race, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Help build positive relations within the team of staff and volunteers as well as the ICSC community
- Assist with fundraising activities as needed
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed, including conference calls with volunteers
- Serve as a positive and energetic role model for youth and adults at events
- College/University degree in public relations or related field
- Experience in event planning; previous experience with non-profit organizations is preferable
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation communication skills
- Creative and innovative approach to creating and managing activities and programs all ages
- Strong time management skills and ability to exercise good judgment in a changing environment
- Ability to work an alternative and flexible schedule
- Ability to work with diverse age groups
- Excellent organizational, communication, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to think critically and resolve problems independently
- Experience and proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in graphic design, photography and desktop publishing software (Photoshop, Publisher, and Illustrator).
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong passion and affinity for Center’s vision, mission and goals.
- Diligent and productive individual who is an effective problem solver.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including Staff, Board Members, Committees, Volunteers, program participants and other supporters.
- Hands-on, detailed oriented with analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a changing environment.
- This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health care and paid time off are included.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 30, 2019. Be sure to include your programs and event experience.